Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Danger Will Robinson!

I think I'm going to hit overload! Actually, it's kind of a good thing. Maybe Governor Gregoire set something into motion by closing down employment proceedings for state agencies, because man oh man did I get a ton of calls today for interviews. I think it's because the jobs are closing and they are trying to fill positions quickly. I'm kind of excited because now I have a lot of interview prospects, but also a lot of research to do to get myself ready for interviews.... I got three more phone calls from the Attorney General's office, from different divisions, to interview for positions open. Mind you, it's all a secret conspiracy because they aren't supposed to be hiring, but said they were "referred my name" to contact.

Here are the divisions I'm interviewing for:

Department of Transportation and Public Construction, Highway Licensing Division.
This is an office assistant position, pay is not very appealing, but it's also a whole lot when you have nothing but rice and beans in your cupboard. Greg and I pretend we're in Tijuana most nights.

Department of Ecology, Solid Waste Division. Legal Secretary 2 position. I would get this job only for the fact that Matt Ford could have a "hay-day" with poop jokes, literally.

Department of Labor and Personnel, Legal Secretary 3 position. I would actually be a boss in this position to other newbie secretaries. I could pretend I'm Kenny and make my employee's go untangle chords when I'm frustrated.

Busy, busy week. Where's my rum?!

1 comment:

Matt said...

lol It's nice to have options!

I'd go for the poop job...no, not really. The boss one sounds nice. :)

What happened to the one where the phone never rings and they play cards all day long?