Friday, August 1, 2008

Settling In...

We're finally settling into our new house and can relax a whole lot better since we're finished with our apartment, besides awaiting the damage report that's surely to come. Not much we can do about it, but wait and see what it'll be. I'm assuming since we've lived there for 5 years, it shouldn't be too bad since they can't charge us for carpet/paint. Ah well...hopefully Greg won't have a heart attack when we do get it.

Now that that's over with, it's time to hit the pavement hard for a job. Can't be sitting at home everyday. As much as it's nice to be home and just enjoy being here, the work ethic in me is starting to come out and wants to make money. Honestly, I don't think I could ever be "Susie Homemaker". I love being home with my kids, but I also want to work, and it makes me feel more fulfilled when I'm earning an income.

So, here's the update on the employment front. I went to my interview yesterday with the Employment Security Department Commissioner's Review Office. It was pretty intimidating, especially since I walked into a room of 5 people waiting to interview me together. But, they made me feel right at home and I went chameleon on their ass and turned on the "Eriu Charm." It went pretty well as far as I could tell, but you never really know until you get that 2nd phone call. Well, I didn't have to wait long, because about 15 minutes after I got home from the interview, they called right back and scheduled me for a 2nd interview this next Friday. Which means, I passed the "bozo screening." At least I know they liked me at least enough to call me back again.

So, this next Friday is my big 2nd interview, probably more direct intimidating questions, maybe some hands on testing, or just sitting in front of the Judge panel. Eeeek! I think I'll do okay. Hey, I am Alpha Eriu!

I got called back from the Attorney General's Office to retest for another position, this time as a Legal Secretary. Which means, one more god damn test and they will never have to test me again, but also means I can't flub it up because those scores will be on my profile when I apply to any more positions within their office. Still haven't heard back on the Office Assistant job I tested for, but they said it would take 1-2 weeks.

Some more jobs I applied for closed this week, including a couple really cool positions I'm qualified for with the Washington State Patrol. Watch your criminal records people, because "I'm in your reportz, making yoo a secks offenderz." We'll see if they give me an interview.

That's about it as far as updates go. I'm crossing my fingers for the ESD Department, because it makes big money, you can wear jeans, and they said the phone never rings and they play cards during down time. Hahahah....I love the state.

No plans for the weekend except to drink beer, watch some movie, maybe play WoW with some nubs that I know, and chill. Hey, does anyone know when we can play DnD online yet? Cuz zomgijustcrituwithmahlightninbolt! LARP!

1 comment:

Matt said...

Show some leg on your next interview. Or tell them they can meet you in the Deeprun Tram later on...that will totally score you a job. :)

GL on the job thing--I would TOTALLY love a job where we wear jeans everday, play cards, and not answer phones.

Hope to see you / G on this weekend.