Monday, August 18, 2008

Taking what comes...

I think I mentioned last week that I didn't get the job for the Attorney General's Office (AGO) that was answering the phones, which I was semi-thankful for, and I just got notified that I didn't get the Department of Ecology Legal Assistant job, which is okay, I can deal with that. The AGO isn't really a place that I want to work for, but as the denials start coming in, it's getting me a little stressed out.

I think my chances are pretty high that I may be working for the Employment Security Department (ESD) with the Commissioner's Review Office, but found out from my interview on Thursday that with the state hiring freeze, they had to turn in paperwork asking for pardon to hire. This may or may not be approved, and I was told that I would not hear back on an answer from them for another 2 weeks, which is really stressful! The other down side of me coming in Thursday was that I had to explain my reasons for leaving one of my law firms because my most recent boss decided to go "mental" and told them I was fired. Yeah, thanks. So, I'm assuming they felt I was dishonest on my application for employment because I didn't advertise my position was terminated. I hate that they might think I was dishonest because I'm normally a very highly dependable and honest person, so I had to think fast and cover my ass. Oh well, if it's meant to be, it will be. The waiting is killing me to get an answer.

The other down side for this whole job hunt thing is that the end of the month is quickly approaching, unemployment benefits are not fun to live on, school shopping must be done, and I'm ready to go back to work. I have decided not to count on anything, basically to expect the unexpected, and apply for more jobs. I've got to find something to get the money flowing back in our household, and may just have to take a job that I don't like for now.

Damn the state hiring freeze, damn this being an election year because that is the reason state jobs are frozen, and god damn me not testing as well as I could have with the AGO. I'm feeling pretty down in the dumps lately and starting to really feel the pressure of not having a job. Greg has been really supportive and that has helped, but I'm pretty frustrated with myself for not picking up a job quickly. I've worked since I was in high school, never having more than 2 weeks off in between jobs, and being on the 5th week of not working, I'm starting to panic.

1 comment:

Matt said...

1. Go back to school
2. Get psych degree
3. ???
4. Profitz