Monday, August 11, 2008

The stress is almost over...

Another Monday, another week. I've been off work now for almost one month. It's been nice to spend quality time with my kids this summer before Katie goes back to school and Candice starts. Being able to enjoy our house without being gone for eight hours a day has also been nice. But, I'm feeling the pressure to get back to work, and I honestly don't feel complete unless I'm bringing in a paycheck to contribute.

The stresses of moving, of the "damage assessment" from our apartment, and the interviews are all done, but I think the hardest part of it all is what I have to do now, and that is wait. I was told that I'd be hearing back this week from all the jobs I interviewed for last week. I have high hopes for the Employment Security Department (ESD), and that is my top choice. The Attorney General's office was way too emotionally stuffy and stoic, and I have my fears about accepting a job there. Fortunately, ESD told me that they were "leaning towards me" as their final candidate, which is a good sign since they aren't supposed to give any kind of indication before they make a decision. They've been checking all my references as well, and my old employers have told me that they've given great recommendations. So, all I can do is cross my fingers and hope for the best.

The waiting is killing me.

No comments: