Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thursdays make me grin.

Especially because I have no kids for the weekend! Greg and I are free to roam about the house naked, play leap frog, or strip poker, without the watchful eyes of our little impressionables. Such a nice feeling to walk into a house and it's all quiet.

Not much to report on the job front. I didn't get one of the jobs I interviewed for because I was "overqualified" and the person they chose had more front-desk, reception experience. THANK GOD. There is no way I want to take a step back to 11 years ago when I was the office grunt. So, I'm a little relieved that I didn't have to take that job for the sake of getting through the door with the State.

I did hear back from my top choice, and they want me to come in this afternoon for a third, and hopefully final interview. I'm trying to keep my hopes up that they will give me an answer today or tomorrow, and that I won't have to wait another week for a final decision. I'll be extremely disappointed if I don't get this job, so I'm just trying to be mellow about it, which is why I'm having a glass of wine before my interview. Don't worry, I know I'll need to brush my teeth and chew some breathmints before I head in there. Can't let them know I'm a lush until after I'm getting my paychecks. Haven't heard from any of the other jobs yet, but as things are winding down this week, I'm hoping my prospects will look brighter after my interview today. The Judge that interviewed me twice in the last two weeks is an extremely funny, laid back and nice guy. I'm crossing my fingers he'll just say, "fuck it, hire her."

The weekend is upon us, and Greg and I have no plans other than to do absolutely nothing. Our house is clean, the lawn is mowed, and we have no kids! What more could we ask for?

No comments: