Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'm only happy when it rains.

Another hot, humid Washington August day. I'm not amused. I would much rather be sipping my coffee, watching my deck get soaked by a wet, cold and peaceful rainstorm, but alas, not going to happen for at least another 5 days.

It's been a pretty busy week for me so far. I had to take another test at the Attorney General's office yesterday, which I fortunately passed. My finger is still numb with no feeling from being pinched, but at least it didn't effect my typing skills. The test I took was for a Legal Assistant, which was different and more difficult than the one I previously took. However, the good news is since I've now taken both sets of tests, I don't have to take anymore, and now just have to worry about interviews. Which in itself, is a good thing, had not our governor frozen all the state jobs as of August 4th. All state agencies are freezing all the positions that are open and won't be interviewing or hiring new applicants for the time being. Thanks America, for screwing the public because our power/energy and economy is about to hit the hypothetical "fan" and no one can afford to pay employees, unless your working for Exxon.

Anywho, this leaves me with only the applications and positions that I applied for and have closed since yesterday. Fortunately for me, I applied for about 20 jobs that were currently open, and none of my interviewers have canceled yet. So, I've got an interview Thursday for the AG's office, and 2 interviews on Friday. One for the Employment Security Department that I've been crossing my fingers for (this will be my 2nd interview), and another interview with the Attorney General's office again, but for a different division.

Now that the apartment is done, I can focus and concentrate on finding a job. I have my unemployment insurance coming in each week, which definitely eases the financial strain for the time being, but doesn't furnish an empty house or pay off impending debt. Hopefully something will come along soon.

On a happy note, Congratulations to Claire and Heath McGinnis on their new arrival! I'm glad you are all safe and healthy. Can't wait to see some pics!

1 comment:

Kenny said...

So...maybe you should get your finger checked out before it falls off or something.